Wednesday 28 June 2017

Golf D.L.O

Ruma Tahi recently participated in the activity golf. We had to spend the afternoon learning how to correctly hold a golf club and how to hit the golf ball. We first started off by learning how to correctly hold a golf club by using flags. We then learnt with our flags how to correctly get the right movement for the perfect hit.

Chris was the main person who taught us how to hit the ball and swing our golf club. Chris then set up this little set up with objects. Standing person by person in our line chris taught us how to prepare for out hit.

When we stood in out lines we had to set yourself up for the hit and hit then once everyone hit their ball we had to go stand where it landed. I was pretty proud of myself because I got the furthest hit for a girl in my line.

P1220332.JPG



After this exciting afternoon back at school we had to write a thank you letter to our choice, I chose to

write to Chris :


21/6/17

Dear Chris

I would like to say a huge thank you for taking your spare time to give us the best afternoon yet! I've never actually played golf before apart from mini golf up in Nelson. At first I was very nervous because I didn't want to look silly  if i missed a shot! I realised one thing, It's okay to fail! I failed a couple times but I just ended up laughing and giving it another go until I got it right.

Every Christmas my family goes to Nelson for a couple weeks to camp. Me and my cousin Courtney always go mini golfing. I wasn't too bad at golfing considering I got some tips from you. I just want to say thank you for your great positivity towards this afternoon and your great attitude.

I actually know to hold a golf club the correct way now. It's so different to mini golf considering the golf clubs are a lot smaller. My favorite part about this afternoon was the fact that I got the longest hit for a girl in my line! I was pretty proud of myself for actually hitting the ball but for getting the longest distance it was incredible!

Once again thank you so so so much for your time this afternoon I really appreciate you coming out all this way to teach Room One golf tips and tricks. From someone who didn't want to participate in this activity I think I’ve done pretty well,I never gave up and I gave it a go!  

Nāka noa

Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your comment.